Interview with J. Karl from Mind Storm www.mind-storm.com
What are your recommendations on how to start a consulting business?
Business consultants are very high in demand currently and their popularity is increasing with each passing day. If you are an expert in any particular field, you may decide to start your own consulting business. Starting a consulting business such as a Management Consulting Firm can be quite difficult. Here are 10 steps on how to start a consulting business:
1. Identify your expertise area: Before starting a consulting business, you have to first figure out the area which you will specialize in. There are different kinds of skill areas which you may select like- Strategic Financial Management, Web Designing, Coding or any other technical skills. It should be something in which you are really passionate about and have plenty of knowledge. And you should also make sure that the skill is in demand.
2. Get the necessary certifications: While starting a consulting business, it is very important to comply with the legal regulations. Otherwise, you may get in trouble later on. Some consulting businesses don't require any certifications. However, if you are focusing on a specialized skill like accounting, you need to show that you have certifications from any certified accounting institution. In case you are not sure whether certifications are required or not, you can speak with any other consultant offering the same kind of service.
Also, make sure that you have all the licenses which are necessary to start a consulting business. The licensing requirements will vary from place to place.
3. Be patient: Generally, it takes some time for a consulting business to take off. Don't expect clients queuing up to avail your service within a week of starting the business. If you have such ambitious expectations, then you will be disappointed. You need to focus on the long term goals and believe in what you are doing.
4. Target your market: The success of your business depends largely on how well you choose your target market. You should take some time and choose a market where there is sufficient demand for your product and where there are clients who can afford to pay for your service. For example, in case you have a career consulting business, you need to decide whether you will work with individuals or you will tie up with a company and offer advice to their employees. Similarly, if you are a legal consultant, you should select those areas which are high in demand like insurance claims or foreclosure.
5. Research your transfer Market: After you select your target market, you need to research on it. You have to find out several ways through which you can help them. You need to convince your clients why they need your service. For example, if you are a cyber security consultant, you need to inform banks about the potential threats that they face and convince them to use your service.
6. Go for a home office: It is advisable to build a home office. However, make sure that it is legal as per the local laws of your state. Renting an office space is going to cost a lot. And if you work at your home, you will also be able to save a lot on traveling expenses and utilities.
7. Build your network: Network building is very important for your business to succeed. Try to build contacts right from the moment of starting your business. Especially in the initial stages, you need to depend on your contact list to get good clients. Apart from that, it is also very important to be active on social media networks and create a good network over there as well.
8. Decide your fees: Initially, it is advisable not to demand very high fees. It also depends on the current market scenario and the competition level. You should also decide how to bill your clients. Hourly billing sounds a bit expensive at times. You may decide to charge a flat fee for the entire project.
9. Marketing: You also need to market your business. Otherwise, no one will be aware of your existence. You can go for brochures or newsletters for marketing. Your business logo need to be aligned to your business objectives, rather than your personal taste. However, in this current business scenario, online marketing is the cheapest and most effective option.
10. Outsourcing: Initially, you have to perform all your tasks by yourself. But once your business is established, you may decide to outsource some of the small tasks. Outsourcing is going to save you a lot of time and will allow you to focus on the more important tasks.
Which kitchen equipment do you need for an Italian restaurant?
Most people want to make their kitchens perfect and complete. Not the construction makes a bright kitchen; the commercial kitchen equipment actually makes it functional. The essential household and kitchen appliances are quite necessary for every family. When shifting to a new home, you may have to buy many kinds of equipment. Not the padella rame stagnate only can cook foods for your family, you need to buy many other items too. The best time to select your kitchen equipment is when you sit down with your commercial kitchen designer who will help you to create the correct layout for your shop.
Equipment we use at la Piazza
1. Blender - There are different types of blenders available in the market. Countertop, Vitamix and hand blender are some common names you may know in this product series. Your modern kitchen needs a hand and countertop blender as these make your food preparation faster and better.
2. Bowl - These are the most used kitchen accessories for preparing and serving any food in your kitchen. You can find bowls of different sizes and various materials ranging from glass to stainless steel. You may have to order for more number these multipurpose kitchen equipment.
3. Cutting Board - These products came in various styles and used for different purposes. You need to buy a strong and durable once for cutting vegetable or meat. A lighter and designer one will accompany the coltello da pane for cutting bread and other soft things.
4. Dish - Choose the material wisely which make sense in preparing healthy and safe food for your kids and family. You can use it for storing prepared foods, in serving and while making tasty items in the kitchen. Consider the products those will fit in your dishwasher perfectly.
5. Knife - There are several types of knives available in the market. Slicing knife, Costello da pane, kitchen shears, etc. are some common variants available in the market. Stainless steel is the universal metal used for making knives for the kitchen.
6. Lid - It can be made of stainless steel, cast iron, glass, rubbery or hard plastic. While buying these items, consider its use or requirement so you can get the idea on the material choice. Bring the right size that perfectly fits your padella rame stagnate, pots or dish.
7. Pans - Skillets, deep pans, sauté pans, wide pans, saucepans, etc are some common variants of these essential kitchen equipments.
8. Peelers - You cannot consider using the knives or Costello da pane instead of peelers in most cases. This equipment will help you in quick cooking. It will accompany your expert hands. Kiwi peelers are a bit different to the conventional designs.
9. Turner - this stuff will be necessary for preparing many kinds of foods in your kitchen. You can consider buying turners made of wooden, cast iron, or any other metal with special coatings.
10. Wok - Cast iron, copper, and other nonstick woks are being available in the market. You have to choose one or multiple woks according to your required size and style. Most Italian families prefer buying padella rame stagnate for their kitchens.
How to market a restaurant?